The Blockchain Association of Ireland facilitates Irish business leaders, educators, policy-makers and citizens in learning how blockchain technology can be applied to make Ireland the World's most blockchain literate nation.
REPORT: An Overview of Blockchain Technology and the 'GDPR'
The objective of this Report is to look at the interaction between emerging blockchain technologies on the one hand, and the compliance framework on the other, specifically the data protection compliance framework.
What is Blockchain?
We aim to foster and coordinate Ireland’s depth of talent, drive and enthusiasm to position it as a dominant force on the world stage. We will do this by engaging with regulators, policymakers, educators, for and not for profit organisations and technology entrepreneurs through direct communication to guide the public dialogue about blockchain technology. Among other activities, the association will be responsible to:
- Promote blockchain technologies, distributed ledgers & digital currencies.
- Represent its members in the media, education, research, business and government.
- Organise events, initiatives and lobbying operations.
- Support and develop blockchain projects initiated by other other organisations.
- Connect start-ups, investors and large companies.
- Share with its members, the corporate world, and the public information and knowledge about the national blockchain ecosystem.
- Represent Ireland and its blockchain ecosystem with blockchain associations in other countries and international bodies.